Monday, January 02, 2006

Our first few days in Romania

Hey everyone, I am sorry that we did not have internet. The day after we posted in Budapest.....actually the same day, we were picked up by someone from the foundation, who drove us straight to the orphanage so we could try and catch up on some much needed sleep. It was great. The next afternoon we caught a transit to Timisoara, which took about 3 hours.......pfew....cramped in the back? NOT FUN. At doug and robertas we had a ton of fun playing with the children, and making friends with the pregnant women there. Seeing the Roman family was great for me...*alissa. We are doing well, and are now back in Oradea. God bless!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so good to hear that you have made contact in Romania. I am sure things are going smoothly as possible. Play with those kids; make them happy while you are there. God will shine down upon you and them. Take care.

pastor4mn said...

It is now 9 am here, which means late afternoon for you guys. How did your first day of DVBS go? Are the kids receptive? That is my main prayer this week...that the kids receive the good news of Christ. Is the team working well together? Is everyone keeping the "spirit of adventure" that is so necessary for this type of work? Are you enjoying the food?
Mom and I are preparing for next week's trip to Hawaii and trying to remember everything Skip and Pam will need to hold down the fort while we are gone. We love you guys...'specially the one with crooked pinkies...LOL!!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that you all are doing well. We miss you guys and are praying for you everyday. Remember, you are the light of the WORLD.

peace to you all,

ed

Anonymous said...

Hey,
As we continue to pray for you guys. It's hard to amagin being anywhere like that without the comfort of a parent. I hope you guys are hanging fun! I MISS YOU HOPEY! love, Jamie

P.s. I hope VBS is going good for you!

Anonymous said...

Hello Miss Hope! It's Mimi, oh, and Ryan, and the 3 kitties! Saw your dad at work the other day! Kept calling him Vince! What a loser I am! When I saw him, I thought of you, but got a bit distracted by the red Mustang in the show room! I can't believe how long your flight was! Brieanne and I are thinking about visiting Doug and Roberta this fall if church does VBS there again. It'd help if I weren't so afraid to fly! We miss you Hope and are praying for your safety and joy! God's peace and the Holy Spirit's leading to your whole team! In Christ,